Hi there! How was your weekend? I stuck around town by my lonesome since Brett is in India right now for work. While it kinda sucked not having him around it was nice to have two free days to myself to do whatever I pleased. I cleaned, cooked, got my hair done, watched all the movies/shows I love, and had the whole bed to myself. It was pretty nice!
Summer officially starts this Wednesday which means its time to hang up your spring florals and switch to summer stripes. I own quite a few striped cotton tees (don’t we all?) so I have been on the hunt for some new ways to wear stripes. This top is not something I would typically grab but I’m so glad I did. First of all – it is so flattering! Second – it adds a subtle but fun statement for summer. I also love how it will easily go with shorts, jeans, and skirts. It is also a no brainer for the summer heat. Temperatures have already hit the 90s here which makes it hard to get dressed at time but this top is the perfect piece for staying fashionable yet comfortable in the heat.
There are so many new ways to wear stripes these days. My current favorite 6 styles are:
- Off the shoulder stripe tops – like the one I’m wearing. I also love this one, this one, this one, this one, and this one
- Stripe tops with ties in the front – These are so FUN for summer. There are so many I like – this one, this one and, this one
- Wrapped striped tops – I love the iconic wrap dress that is so flattering on everyone which is why I am loving the new wrap tops out right now. I love this one and this one
- Striped bodysuits – These are so flattering. I hate when I try to tuck in my shirts only for it to come out 1 hr later to be re-tucked. I like this one and this one
- Striped sweaters – This one would be so much fun for the 4th!
- Smocked stripes – This is an easy top to just throw on when you can’t think of anything else to wear and you want to feel comfortable. This one and this one and both super cute options!
Shop Striped Tops: