Christmas might not be the same as when I was younger but I still like to enjoy the little things that make this time of year so special. One of those things is decorating our apartment. We live in a 720 sq foot apartment so I don’t go crazy given that our space is tiny BUT I have picked up a few decorative items over the past two years and a few newbies this year. Here are the items I love waking up to and coming home to every day:
- The Tree: Once Thanksgiving is over, I always drag Brett to the local Christmas tree shop that is very close to where we live. We have gone to the same place for the past 3 years so it’s starting to become our little tradition. Michaels is usually the first place I go to pick up festive decor. My tree’s lights, ornaments, and floral accents were all from Michaels. I have sort of inherited my mom’s traditional taste and prefer that my tree stay predominately gold with hints of dark red and green. I also have red poinsettia arrangements and garland trickled around our place too.
- Antique Mercury Accents: Pottery Barn always has stunning Christmas decor. I like to envision my ‘dream house’ to come straight out of a Pottery Barn catalog. For now, I resort to picking up a few pieces (usually on sale) that will work all year round. Last year, I picked up these antique mercury candle pillars and a vase that served to be great additions to our family room and add a subtle vintage vibe.
- Candles: I have been on a NEST Fragrances kick ever since fall came around and I purchased their seasonal Pumpkin Chai. Currently, I have been enjoying the mix of Hearth and Birchwood Pine. I also love their Holiday candle and Ralph Lauren makes a great Holiday candle too!
- DIY Pine Cones: Two years ago, Brett’s mom gave us these pine cones straight out of the backyard of their house in Charleston and spray painted them white and gold. I love pulling these out and placing them on our coffee table tray. It is the perfect DIY project!
- Festive Coffee Mugs: I have love drinking my coffee a little bit more when it is coming from a cute cup. I especially love the mugs at Anthropologie. The mug pictured above this this one and I also love these!
- Soaps: Similar to my favorite limited holiday candles, I also enjoy a festive soap and Molton Brown’s Frankincense and Allspice hand wash is a new favorite. I love the musky smell that carries a hint of holiday cheer.
Shop my Favorites Below: