The cold fall weather has finally hit DC this past weekend and it has officially started to feel more like the holidays are upon us. This is one of my favorite looks on my blog so far. I have mentioned before how much I love my jackets from Ralph Lauren (last one seen here) and this olive green one is certainly no exception. It looks great with my new brown suede skirt I got at Zara a month ago and also looks great with jeans and simple dresses. I have totally been crushing on the suede skirt trend ever since I saw Chloe’s Pre-Fall Collection and I was glad I found this inexpensive one at Zara. I love to splurge on investment pieces like this jacket that I know will last forever but tend to spend a little less on trendier items such as this skirt.
It feels like Thanksgiving crept up on us. Crazy how the older I get, the faster time flies on by. Growing up, I didn’t appreciate Thanksgiving as much as I do now – I was all about fast-forwarding to Christmas. Of course, now more than ever, I love spending Thanksgiving with loved ones. I always can’t wait to help my Dad cook up my favorite Turkey Day food in our family kitchen while Thanksgiving episodes of Friends plays in the background (does anyone else do that!?).
If you are traveling near or far, it is always nice to surprise your host with a little gift to thank them for their generosity (and hard work in the kitchen!). When I am thinking up what I should buy, I try to purchase something that I would appreciate receiving myself. Here are my top picks:
- Luxurious Hand Cream and Lip Balm – my skin is already feeling a lot more dry and I have constantly been reaching for my lip balm and hand cream. La Mer’s Replenishing Collection includes the most luxurious hand cream and lip balm that repairs and softens the driest of skin. Anyone would love this gift, plus who wouldn’t love a little treat from La Mer?
- A Nice Extra-Virgin Olive – the most-used ingredient in our household is extra-virgin olive oil so if your host loves to cook, they would definitely enjoy a fancy olive oil they wouldn’t normally splurge on.
- Ultra Luxe Guest Soap Set – buying an expensive soap is not something most people do, but if your host often has overnight guests, they would definitely appreciate having these handy for those special occasions. These luxe hand soaps from Aerin smell amazing!
- Cashmere Throw – A cashmere throw from Ralph Lauren would be a hit with your host and will soon be the perfect compliment to cold winter nights nuzzled up by the fire.
- Gorgeous Fragrances – I always love to switch up my fragrances based on my mood. Treat your host to three beautiful fragrances from Tocca that will also look beautiful on their vanity.
- Soothing Bath and Body Set – these amazing body sets from Laura Mercier only come out once a year and they make perfect gifts for the hostess because it gives them an excuse to indulge and relax after the bustle of a long day.
- Festive Hand Soap and Hand Lotion – I love having pretty hand soaps by both sinks in my apartment and your host will love how Molton Brown’s limited edition Christmas collection makes their home feel more festive.
- Large Ice Cube Tray – these will a winner for the male host who loves to indulge in an old fashioned every once in a while.
- Comfy Robe – an old co-worker of mine swore by these ultra comfy robes from Charter Club and bought me one as a Christmas gift a few years ago. 5 years later, I still wear mine every single morning and night! A must have for any host or any one!
- Hot Chocolate Gift Set – hot chocolate immediately takes me back to my childhood when my friends and I would come back from playing in the snow and my mom would be heating up hot chocolate on the stove. The Williams Sonoma hot chocolate blend is perfect and I love how this set comes with tartan plaid mugs and cute snowmen marshmallows.
- Woody Scented Candle – the latest collection from NEST is perfect for entertaining during the holidays and any guy or girl would enjoy the woody scent.
- Coffee Set – I love a great cup of coffee just as much as a smooth glass of red wine. This coffee set from Peet’s makes the perfect gift for anyone who can’t go a day without a cup of coffee in the morning and these high quality blends from Peets would be the perfect treat!
- A Bone for Our Furry Friends – because what pet owner wouldn’t appreciate a little treat for their much adorded furry companions?
- At Home Mask Treatments – I have a few go-to masks to treat my skin whenever it needs a little something extra a few times a week. These three products from Fresh are my favorites from the brand and I know any host would adore them as well.
Shop my Picks:
Hi there! How was everyone’s weekend? I can’t believe it is already Thanksgiving next week! Sorry for the lack of posts. I am super busy at work with the holidays rolling around the corner plus I am in full wedding planning mode. If you have ever planned a wedding before, you would understand how much research goes into it!
Any who – this past weekend was super low-key. I love having no plans and where relaxing on the couch is the highlight. Brett and I decided to stay in and cook on Friday and Saturday. Who doesn’t love home-cooked meals this time of year? We are thinking we will do the same next weekend. We did manage to go out to the movies on Sunday to see The Peanuts Movie! I grew up reading Peanuts comics on Sunday mornings and received countless Peanuts birthday cards from my grandma so I was pretty excited to see this movie. It was a really cute movie and if you love kids as much as I do, I would recommend seeing this movie in theaters. Hearing the laughter and giggles of the little kids next to you, makes the experience that much better.
Most weekends I have by hair tied up in a high bun and I pretty much live in my fleece pullovers. BUT, if I am heading out the door to grab a bite to eat at a restaurant, I love wearing a simple pair of jeans worn with a jacket such as this leather one and a scarf. I had a leather jacket kick a few years ago and I love pulling them out for chilly fall days. I love how this fitted jacket makes my overall look feel more put together.