Happy first day of summer! Today marks the beginning of my two favorite seasons: summer and fall. I always love making lists of fun things to do come summer and later in the fall. After months of cold weather all I want to do is explore and be outside! Here are a few fun ideas to do this summer –
- Make a list of restaurants you have been dying to go to and GO! I swear by Washingtonian’s list of top 100 restaurants and always refer to it when trying to find a new place to go. Every restaurant I have been to on that list is amazing.
- Go to an outdoor concert: Or just any concert really. I went to Lollapalooza last year for my bachelorette and it was so fun! I love a concert in the summer. Now I just need to find one to go to…
- Visit the local farmers market and make a scrumptious meal at home: Brett and I love to travel during the summer but we also know to make time to spend a few weekends at home. We love picking up fresh produce and cooking up a new recipe.
- Attend an event that your city is putting on: There is always something going on in DC during the summer – wine or beer festivals and Jazz in the Garden always top our list of things to do in the city.
- Rediscover the cute neighborhoods of your city: Once the weather gets nicer I love strolling around charming neighborhoods and daydreaming “what if’s…”
- Check out a nearby vineyard: I blogged about our trip to Pippen Hill last month and we had such a great time we are already discussing the next vineyard we should go visit. Vineyards can be far away but its so worth the trip to take in beautiful views, a quiet atmosphere, and oh yeah – good food and wine!
- Go for a hike: We rarely do this but I definitely enjoy escaping the city to go for a nature walk out in the country. It is nice to just take in the peace and quiet while also getting nice workout in.
- Host a BBQ with friends: Nothing says summer more than grilling up some hot dogs and burgers while enjoying good beers and good times with friends. This is a summer MUST!
- Visit you’re favorite beach or lake: I am always happy when I’m by the water. My parents have a beach place on the shore so we are always scheming to go out there for any sunny weekend. Annapolis is also a short trip for us too and I would love to go there for a night this summer.
- Travel somewhere new: I love to travel and explore new places. We have a trip planned at the end of the summer to go to France and I couldn’t me more excited!
What is on your summer bucket list? Any plans?
Shop the Post: