All I gotta say is TGIF! Wow has this week been a long one for me. Was it for you too? Happy to report we are back to our typical weekend shenanigans which include not doing anything major other than catching up on sleep, working out, and cooking up a storm. It’s Restaurant Week here in DC so Brett and I actually have a date night planned at Brabo tonight which I’m pretty excited about. Date nights are a rare occurrence these days although honestly I don’t mind being at home with the dog most of the time! But date nights are definitely necessary to get some alone time 🙂 What are your plans this weekend?
It’s hard to believe there are 5 weeks left of summer! There is plenty of time to make the most of it. I always seem to hold on to summer as long as possible so I like to make a little bucket list of sorts to force me to really enjoy every last bit of it.
For me, summertime is very nostalgic. Similar to the holidays, there are certain things I like to check off my list to feel like I fully embraced it. My bucket list is typically the same year after year with a few tweaks but it’s always a great reminder to enjoy the little things that makes summer one of the best times of year. Here are a few ideas for you to do the same:
- Host a BBQ – now that we have a larger space with a backyard we have been making a point to have little get-togethers with friends and family. This typically means firing up the grill and making burgers and hot dogs.
- Hike in a Scenic Spot – we take Sadie on multiple walks every day but I really want to find a place she can cool off in the water. Any ideas around DC?
- Make a Meal Using Ingredients from the Farmer’s Market – we have been going to the farmer’s market pretty much every weekend since we moved to Alexandria. I highly recommend checking out your local farm stand to make a meal filled with delicious seasonal ingredients.
- Get a Scoop of Your Favorite Ice Cream on a Sunday Night – because what better way to beat the Sunday scaries? We love Pop’s Old Fashioned Ice Cream in Old Town.
- Dine al Fresco – when the weather’s just right – not too hot and not too cold – find the time to eat outside. It is a rare occurrence around DC where the weather seems to hit extremes. Bastille and Sonoma Cellar are two places with outdoor seating in Old Town I really want to go to before the weather gets cold.
- Sit Outside to Watch a Sunrise and a Sunset – something that I took home with me when we went to Hawaii was enjoying almost every sunset and sunrise. It’s not as easy to do
- Plan a Last Minute Long Weekend – now is your chance to plan a little local getaway with your family or friends. It will be worth it!
- Attend and Outdoor Concert – if you haven’t already, research a spot with live music from either a local artist or your favorite band. I love summer concerts!
What do you have planned the rest of the summer? Anything fun? Have a great weekend everyone!